Now we'll say it's in God's hands but God doesn't always have the best goddamn plans, does he?
I have an unsubstantiated belief in the #3. We all know it’s a magic number thanks to School House Rocks and De La Soul. But there’s a lot of mythology around trinities and the number 9 (which is 3cubed, yo) and so if I have any faith, it’s in this number and I can’t explain it any better. If intelligent design is a scientific theory to be taught to children then why begrudge me a belief in the power of three?
Despite what I may have led you to believe, I have a fairly charmed life and I do believe it has a lot to do with a birthday on 3/15. Ok, maybe not charmed but since birth I’ve always landed on my feet despite having my legs cut off a millions. This year, I’ll be 33 (11times more magical than just regular old 3), it’s falling on a Wednesday (which I consider to be the 3rd in the week) and it’s ’06. Everything is coming up 3 so I have great expectations for my 33rd year. Expectations yet undefined so maybe it’s just hope I have. Either way, good things are headed my way.
I’ve got 2 more months of bullshit 32 to deal with, however, and it seems stupid thirty-two won’t go quietly.
Made a new friend yesterday out that myspacer I mentioned. He is a lot like me in weird ways: see-through skin, doesn’t laugh easily but does so brightly if you get it out of him, and he may be a little lost. Like I said, we’ve been following a similar path from the Midwest to the westwest for the better part of a decade. It is nice to meet someone and feel like they understand kinda where you’ve been. I dunno. Always happy to make a new friend. 32 hasn’t sucked THAT hard.
On a different note, grapes are expensive. So much so that now, when I purchase them, the cashier says “You know these grapes are $8, right? You still want them” And usually do not find the purchase regrettable but I have an $8 bag of sour freaking grapes and that really chaps my ass. Fuck you thirty-two (I’m gonna blame everything on thirty-two, btw, until I’m 33).
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home