I think I see another side, maybe just another light that shines…
Feeling a lot less crazy these days. A welcomed change to the holiday malaise that consumed me just weeks ago.
Part of that consumption was the self-pity I had about the out-of-control things in my life. I need a step back. Ok, perhaps several GIANT steps back to see that one common denominator in all the drama is ME. A “no-duh” moment for sure. I’m concluding rapidly that I make a ton of excuses for really bad choices. It’s not that I don’t know what the right thing is as much as sometimes the right thing is hard. I, personally, am not afraid of hard but if hard brings pain to others, that’s when the excuses are made.
No more excuses. Wasn’t it Nick Lowe who said you have to be cruel to be kind? I won’t forget the part about the right measure, either. I've replaced an impending sense of doom with a feeling optimistism about things to come. YEE-HAW.
1 Comments:
less lowe, more doom.
Post a Comment
<< Home