Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Not as Bitter as I Would Appear

I *am* a total chick. Wanting what I can’t have, having no interest in what I can. Holding loosely but with a death grip to the can-haves, just in case I change my mind while plotting and scheming ways to interject myself into the can’t-have life.

This week, the one that spans Christmas to New Years, is always bittersweet. I see the cheer and the joyous efforts put forth to beguile me into the spirit but I fight it with a figurative steel-toed shoe and punt it in the ass. I want to like it and yet I always feel a stomach pitting disappointment that starts shortly after breakfast on Christmas, crescendos into a mind fuck by mid week and an crashes into a heap of avoiding anxiety on 12/31/(enter any year here). READ: one big drag in the shape of a girl.

1 Comments:

Blogger Moodist said...

i know it's a bit late, but if you ever feel the need to escape, or the desire to do something freakish and silly, like jump on a plane to england . you don't even have to ask, let alone think twice. you won't make it in time for nye, but you know, it's there.

4:00 PM, December 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home